Experience Ganesha Kampot
Ganesha Kampot has been designed with your spatial experience in mind.. We are an unusually low density eco friendly guesthouse, of just 9 private units and 2 private rooms, spread across 4 hectare, amid rich mangrove and tropical gardens. We welcome you to create unique memories in our hidden paradise, away from the high density and hustle of Asian cities..
We are open to public from Pchum Ben (October) to Khmer New Year (April).
We are open to groups/seminar and retreats all year round with a minimum of 10 people (5 units) for a minimum of 5 nights.
Managing our footprint to protect nature...
August 5th 2012: The adventure begins!
- recruitment of our staff from our surrounding community.
- removed wooden Riverside platform and recycled it into the swinging bed and the technical building.
- replaced the old mixed materials rooftops of the Riverside Yurts, the Garden Yurt and the Tower with locally sourced materials; wood and straw.
- design and construction of the pool table room, and installation.
- planning, design and construction of the Main House fish pond/rain water collector
- rewiring and rethinking of the Main House electrial board in order to conserve energy, and installation of ceiling fans.
- Introduction of private fiber optic high speed internet access to the guesthouse
- kitchen equipment upgrade and increased stock capacity for fresh local products.
- thorough planning and then begining the process of creating a natural swimming pool, estimated bathing time: end of 2015
- removal of the previous straw roof on the Main House, replaced by traditional Khmer roof structure and tiles
- new water system, greatly improving water pressure, and allowing us a better management of our water consumption
- creation of a complete new bed linen range by our staff, made with upcycled materials from the local market
- redesgin and construction within the Mainhouse, including a brand new bar, staircase, storage cupboard and balcony
- improvement of Main House dining area with tailor made locally hand crafted furniture
- coconut, banana and passion fruit plantations throughout the garden
This year so far..
- new large grey water management system with the help of our lovely international volunteers
- installation of a cascading filtration system for the natural swimming pool
- new design and full installation of pentagonal sofa in the Tower
- harvesting the fruits of Mother Natures labour and cooking up 60kg of organic mango jam, using natural palm sugar
- planting, landscaping (or taming) continuously in our tropical garden
Heavenly delicate and luscious flagrances will vivify your meals
A taste of authenticity
Located within the grounds of Ganesha Kampot, Eco Guesthouse and more, our restaurant offers an extensive menu featuring traditional Khmer and international cuisine made with ethically sourced ingredients.
We also use our own organic fruits, veggies and herbs grown within our luscious tropical garden.
All of our staff put the upmost care into preparing your meal. We proudly serve all our dishes using NO mono sodium glutamate!
How to get there!
Ganesha Kampot is located just 4 kms outside of Kampot. We are about 150 Kms south of Phnom Penh and 110 kms east of Sihanoukville.
There will be many tuktuks and motodops waiting for you upon your arrival in Kampot. A tuktuk to Ganesha will cost $4 and a motodop $1.50 for one person, or $2 for two. The trip is 4km, and please appreciate that late at night the prices may be slightly more.
If you are driving, then the best way to reach us is to head along National Road 3 towards Phnom Penh. Turn left at the Ganesha sign, though the Pagoda archway. About half way down the road, you'll see the first signpost. From there on, Ganesha is sign posted at each turn, so just keep following these until you reach us!
There is parking on site for motos and car.